16. Law & Order
The commitment is to develop a coordinated strategy to tackle online child predators.
Departmental Leads: Public Safety, Education and Early Childhood Development
A second commitment is to beef up enforcement of consumer protection laws against predatory lending practices and pay-day loan businesses.
Departmental Lead: Justice and Attorney General
The commitment is to work with stakeholders and others to implement recommendations of the NB Economic and Social Inclusion Plan.
• Overcoming Poverty Together: The New Brunswick Economic and Social Inclusion Plan
Departmental Leads: Healthy and Inclusive Communities, Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation
The commitment is to develop a provincial strategy to ensure accessible and affordable transportation, including people with disabilities.
• Disability Action Plan: The Time for Action is Now
• New Brunswick at the Centre A provincial Multimodal Transportation Strategy 2008-2018
• Being A Leader with IT’S THE New Brunswick Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Strategic Plan 2008-2018
• Charting the Course Atlantic Canada Transportation Strategy 2008-2018
Departmental Leads: Healthy and Inclusive Communities, Transportation and Infrastructure
The commitment is to engage communities to move NB out of last place in Canada by improving recycling programs.
Departmental Lead: Environment and Local Government
20. Full Participation for Disabled New Brunswickers
The commitment is to enable New Brunswickers with disabilities to actively participate in all aspects of society and take their rightful place as full citizens.
· Disability Action Plan: The Time for Action is Now
· Employment Action Plan for Persons with Disabilities
Departmental Lead: Healthy and Inclusive Communities