Employment Opportunity with NBSPRN
Position: Research Coordinator at the New Brunswick Social Policy Research Network
Salary Rate: $46,515 – $60,468 per annnum
Employment Date (tentative): August 1, 2017
Appointment Type and Hours of Work: Full-Time | Term until May 31, 2018 | Maternity Leave Replacement
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director, the Research Coordinator oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the NB Social Policy Research Network’s policy research & knowledge mobilization programs including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and managing activities. This role is an active liaison between researchers, (faculty and students) with all NB’s post-secondary institutions the community & government.
• Coordinate the research function of the NBSPRN in both official languages.
• Pursue financial opportunities for collaborative policy research projects.
• Use project management techniques to ensure the development of timely, quality research projects.
• Coordinate the delivery of workshops designed to improve the capacity of organizations/individuals to conduct research and contribute to policy development.
• Track all project activities and outcomes in NBSPRN activity management system.
• Seek opportunities to bring together researchers and members needing research for policy development.
• Respond to GNB research priorities through identification of, and connection with appropriate researchers and community organizations.
• Work collaboratively with the office of research services.
• Coordinate and chair relevant meetings.
• Will involve travel across New Brunswick.
• Bachelor’s degree. 3 – 5 years of directly related work experience.
• Experience working with the TriCouncil, CommonCV, developing research projects and grant applications.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication and team-work skills
• Event facilitation.
• Driver’s license.
• Project management experience is essential.
• Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) is required.
To apply: http://www.unb.ca/hr/_resources/php/print-support-staff-posting.php?theid=YZyipw==